MetaClean for Gmail
MetaClean for Gmail automatically removes, adds, or modifies metadata in email attachments, preventing the leak of confidential information that occurs continuously in this type of communication and avoiding possible economic and reputational damages derived from the malicious use of metadata.
Why I should use MetaClean for Gmail?
To prevent the exfiltration of information through metadata, which is commonly used to generate phishing attacks.
Every document contains metadata. For example, metadata is embedded in the file and is different to the information that is typed on the page – such as Author, track changes or comments. It can tell the reader who created the document, how long was spent editing it, and where the document is saved. Cleaning a document of metadata means that the recipient will only be sent what would be printed.
Removing potentially harmful forms of metadata from the attached files is a risk area that should be considered when investigating ways to prevent email-related data leaks.
MetaClean for Gmail is Fully integrated with Gmail.
No need to fill out a form or register a user.
- FREE FOR PERSONAL USE
- Removes metadata from all versions of Microsoft Office, Open/Libre Office, PDF, RTF and Image, Audio and Video files. View all formats
- Supports ZIP and 7z files: compressed documents will be processed by MetaClean.
- Delete hidden data such as: Printer routes, history of document changes, etc.
- For free version, the keywords tag “Metadata removed by MetaClean (www.adarsus.com)” will be added to the processed documents. To remove this metadata it is required a license, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Creation of metadata templates to remove, add or modify standard or customized metadata tags.
- Creation of white lists by domains or email addresses. The documents in email attachments sent to one member of the white lists will not be processed by MetaClean.
- Implements some Data Loss Prevention (DLP) functionality, preventing an attachment from being sent if a specific metadata tag is found in a document.
- Configuration to include or exclude the processing of signed PDF files.
Please note that if a PDF file is signed and metadata is modified, this signature will no longer be valid.
- Dashboard On-Premise or on-Cloud to centralize metadata management:
- Create metadata templates.
- Obtain statistics of the metadata that is removed or modified in the documents processed by MetaClean.
- Graphical representation of processed metadata.