MetaClean for Gmail
Why I should use MetaClean for Gmail?
Data Breach Prevention: Every document contains metadata. For example, metadata is embedded in the file and is different to the information that is typed on the page – such as Author, track changes or comments. It can tell the reader who created the document, how long was spent editing it, and where the document is saved. Cleaning a document of metadata means that the recipient will only be sent what would be printed. Removing potentially harmful forms of metadata from the attached files is a risk area that should be considered when investigating ways to prevent email-related data leaks.
Phishing Attack Prevention: MetaClean prevents the exfiltration of information through metadata which is commonly used to generate phishing attacks.
MetaClean for Gmail is fully integrated with Gmail.
NO user registration is required: Just install and enjoy it!
Install extension for: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox
- FREE FOR PERSONAL USE
- Removes metadata from all versions of Microsoft Office, Open/Libre Office, PDF, RTF and Image, Audio and Video files. View all formats
- Supports ZIP and 7z files: compressed documents will be processed by MetaClean.
- Detection of signed PDF files: To avoid invalidation of the signature, a warning will be displayed indicating whether you want to process the metadata of the signed PDF file.
- Delete hidden data such as: Printer routes, history of document changes, etc.
- For free version, the keywords tag “Metadata removed by MetaClean (www.adarsus.com)” will be added to the processed documents. To remove this metadata it is required a license, please contact us: email@example.com)
- Creation of metadata templates to remove, add or modify standard or customized metadata tags.
- Creation of white lists by domains or email addresses. The email attachments sent to one member of the white lists will not be processed by MetaClean.
- Implements some Data Loss Prevention (DLP) functionality, preventing an attachment from being sent if a specific metadata tag is found in a document.
- Dashboard (management web console) to centralize metadata management:
- Create metadata templates.
- Obtain statistics of the metadata that is removed or modified in the documents processed by MetaClean.
- Graphical representation of processed metadata.